President Trump’s recent executive orders on immigrants and refugees run counter to the AFT’s long-standing positions on these issues. We oppose these orders, the racist and xenophobic logic that underlies them, the havoc they have created in the lives of those affected, and the damage they have done to America’s standing in the world and to our national security. The section below has information and resources to fight back against these order.
Read more on the AFT’s “Protecting our students” page on AFT.org.
Train-the-trainer curriculum and materials
Our members want to fight back and stand up for their students. But they need our guidance on how to do it. To help, the AFT has developed a training curriculum and materials designed to teach activists about their rights as educators during immigration enforcement raids; prepare educators to train their colleagues on their rights and the rights of their students; and help educators develop school-specific plans for how to handle immigration raids in their communities.
- Protecting our Students train-the-trainer presentation
- Protecting our Students train-the-trainer manual
- 'We are better than this,' by AFT President Randi Weingarten
- AFT opposes Trump executive orders: Information and resources
- Immigration crackdown plants fear among students, families
- Medium posts: